Nut Butter Banana Protein Oats:
These delicious and easy overnight oats are packed with protein and make for a healthy and hearty breakfast that will keep you going all morning.
Oatmeal in general is a good breakfast. It is full of good, healthy carbs that leave you full longer. Add in the protein powder, and some fruits and you have a balanced meal that is gonna leave you ready to go get them goals!
Why overnight oats?
- This recipe packs in about 22 grams of protein!
- Easy to make the night before, and enjoy in a rush in the morning.
- Instead of chugging down a protein shake, you can sit and enjoy an actual breakfast that packs in the good nutrition.
Where is the Protein?
Naturally, one cup of oats has about 5 grams of protein. Add in some chia seeds and nut butter and you’re kicking up the total protein in the recipe before you even add the protein powder. Depending on what type of milk you use, you can also get some extra protein there. This recipe in particular has 22g of protein!
Ingredients & Options:
- 2/3 Cup Milk: You can use regular milk, or dairy free alternatives. (I personally recommend the lactose free fair life skim milk, because it packs in some extra protein.)
- 1-1/2 Tbs Protein Powder: Make sure you enjoy the flavor of your protein, you want to enjoy the way your oats taste. If you don’t like the taste of your protein you won’t like the taste of your oats. Finally, make sure you find a protein powder that is as “clean” as possible. The less ingredients, the better.
- 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats: High in fiber, and a great source of whole grains.
- 1/2 Banana: Adds flavor, and nutritional value.
- 1/2-1 Tbs Nut Butter: You can choose any nut butter you would like. This adds some great healthy fats, just be sure to try to find one that is low in added sweeteners.
- 1/2 tsp Chia Seeds: Adds some texture, but also some extra protein. Great for digestion too!
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla: Adds flavor and makes things taste reallllly good.
- 2-3 tsp Maple Syrup: A natural sweetener, which is a better option than regular sugar or the fake stuff.
How to make Protein Overnight Oats:
The best thing about overnight oats is that they are so easy! In fact they are as easy as 1-2-3, literally.
- Combine all the ingredients and stir.
- Chill for at least 4 hours.
- Add sliced bananas on top and ENJOY!