We all have a guilty pleasure food… chocolate, ice cream, pizza, burgers, fries, but for a small group of people in the world, their guilty pleasure food is ramen (It’s me, I fall in this category.) As an avid health and fitness enthusiast, I’m always on the hunt to make my favorite “guilty” foods a little healthier without taking away any of the flavor. This is my take on “Healthy Chicken Ramen.”
Healthy Chicken Ramen
Healthy Chicken Ramen Bowls- super simple to make. You only need one pot and about 20 minutes of time, before you know it you’ll be slurping up this flavorful and delicious bowl with tons of noodles, healthy veggies, soft set eggs, and a little bit of spice- if you’re into that!
Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 30 Mins
4 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
1 1/2 tsp Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
2 Chicken Breast fillets
6-8 oz Ramen Noodles
1 Cup Shredded Cabbage
1 Cup Shredded Carrots
2 Green Onions
Chili Oil- to taste**
- Add whole eggs with the shell on to a medium size saucepan and cover with enough eggs to cover eggs by 1 inch. Bring to a boil, remove from heat cover sauce pan and let sit for 7 minutes. Remove eggs from pan, and submerge into a bowl of ice water. This is the process for the soft boiled eggs you typically find in ramen.
- Meanwhile, in a separate medium sauce pan add chicken broth and soy sauce and bring to a boil. Add the chicken breasts and continue cooking until thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken breasts from broth, let cool to touch, shred with two forks and then return the shredded chicken to the broth.
- Add Ramen noodles to pot with broth and shredded chicken. Cook noodles according to time indicated on the package. Add additional chicken broth or water as necessary. Season with whatever you fancy.
- Peel and halve eggs, set aside.
- Remove soup from heat, add cabbage and carrots. Serve immediately. Garnish with one egg half and chopped green onions. Drizzle chili oil according to taste, if desired.
If you make this delicious recipe, be sure to tag us in your pics!