Do you have a sweet tooth? Do you find yourself going off your meal plan with a big ol’ cookie, or a giant brownie? Often times we have one cookie and we spiral out of control. We fall completely off the wagon from that one cookie or sweet treat and the wagon will crash and burn or just keeps on moving without you. Well.. we have good news for you. It doesn’t always have to be that way. You CAN fit those sweet treats you know and love in your meal plan. Finding simple recipes like this one and practicing portion control will keep you from falling off the wagon.
Macro Friendly Brownies
Carbs: 44g Protein: 3.5g Fat: 12.5g Calories: 293
🕒 Makes 24 Brownies, Eat 2 Brownies
Please adjust the serving size to your preferred portion if necessary.
1 cup sugar
4 fl oz Hot Black Coffee
1/2 cup packed Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Canola Oil
2 large Eggs
5 tbs “Nestle” Toll House Dark Chocolate Baking Morsels
3/4 Cup “Hersheys” unsweetened cocoa powder
1tbs Sprinkles (optional)
2 tsp Vanilla
1tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9×13 inch baking pan by lining with parchment paper or foil (this makes removing and cutting the brownies easier)
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the cocoa powder and hot coffee together until smooth. Let cool for about 2-3 minutes before stirring the canola oil, white and brown sugars, eggs, and vanilla. Mix well with a fork or whisk.
- Add the wet ingredients to to the dry ingredients, mix with a fork or whisk until the flour is almost completely combined. Fold in the Chocolate Chips. Do not over mix.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. If you want sprinkles, add them on top.
- Bake for about 28-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean with just a crumb or two. Be careful to avoid over baking. Start checking brownies about 5 minutes before you think they will be done
- Remove the pan from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack. For easiest slicing, refrigerate the brownies about 30-60 mins beforehand.
- When you’re ready to cut the brownies, remove them from the pan by lifting the parchment paper or foil overhang. Place on a large cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut 6 rows of 4 brownies for a total of 24 even brownies. Wipe knife with clean paper towel between knife if necessary.
- Store brownies at room temperature for 3-5 days, in the refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
We can still enjoy the things we love by just watching our portions and fitting it in our daily meal plan. Please let us know if you try these delicious brownies at home!